Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shuffle 5 on the iPod

My daughter used to do this on her blog. She would listen to 5 songs on her iPod, shuffle 'em and then blog about 'em. So I decided to take a page out of her blogging book.

First song is...

Boogie Down Productions - Love's Gonna Get You

Early 90's Hip Hop. Maybe Krs One's best storytelling track that paints a vivid picture of the struggle and hustle in the streets.



Mos Def - 24 Hour Karate School

In this track Mos Def keeps it hip hop with the Old School funk breakbeat. "Rap Bruce Leroy"



Human League - Don't You Want Me

Yes, this song is in my iPod. Sometimes you feel the need to listen to this euro new-wave stuff. This song goes well at the cocaine parties! hahaha.



James Brown - The Boss

This song is funky as fu*k. Off one of my favorite soundtracks! James Brown's Black Caesar.



Souls of Mischief - That's When Ya Lost

Coming up as an MC in the early 90's I looked up to the Hieroglyphics Crew. In the bay area we were flooded with local mob artists such as Too Short, E40, Mac Dre etc. It was a breath of fresh air to have a hip hop crew like Souls of Mischeif to come from the same hood as these other rappers. Hiero yall!!!



Thats it for my first edition of shuffle 5. I guess ill try to do this every sunday maybe!?

No comments: