Sunday, August 28, 2011

5 Shuffle - Volume 5

Its Sunday again so I guess it's time to shuffle my iPod and see what comes on.

First song is...

Donell Jones ft. Left Eye - U Know What's Up

Rest in Peace to Left Eye from TLC. This was the first single off the "Where I Wanna Be" LP. In my opinion, "Where I Wanna Be" is the most slept on R&B album of all time! In my book, it may even be the greatest R&B album ever!!!!



Stevie Wonder - Knocks Me off My Feet

It's funny how this song comes on next and it was covered by Donell Jones. This song is timeless. One of my favorite Stevie songs. "We lay beneath the stars, under a lover's tree that's seen through the eyes of my mind"



Gap Band - Outstanding

Another Soul classic right here. This one gets the oldschool funk parties goin. Charlie Wilson has an incredible voice. "You Blow My Mind, Baby"



De La Soul - Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey)

Classic Hip Hop from De La. Off the De La Soul is Dead LP. I remember wanting to put the hook to this on my answering machine as a kid.



Shawty Lo - They Know

I'm not really a big fan of this south sound but this track always slapped to me. Maybe it's the sample, or the catchy hook? "Big Ups, all my haters"

No comments: